10 Member Companies to Speak on Issues Surrounding the Mobile Landscape And Exhibit DLNA Certified® Devices on the Expo Floor
BEAVERTON, Ore.,-- (September 29, 2009)
WHO: Digital Living Network Alliance (DLNA) will have 10 member companies speaking on topics ranging from smartphone adoption and mobile advertising to mobile music and next generation consumer electronics, and demonstrating new, DLNA Certified® products on the exhibition floor at CTIA Wireless I.T. & Entertainment 2009.
WHEN: The conference will be held October 7 – 9, 2009. For more information on the conference, please visit: http://www.wirelessit.com/ .
WHERE: Held at the San Diego Convention Center at 111 W. Harbor Drive in San Diego, CA, Conference panels will take place in rooms 28E, 29A, 29B, 29C and 29D throughout the event.
WHAT: Digital Living Network Alliance (DLNA) member companies will be taking CTIA Wireless I.T. and Entertainment 2009 by storm, participating in 12 panels during the two-day conference giving attendees an opportunity to hear how numerous DLNA members are contributing to the evolution of mobile connectivity, entertainment and business. Panels of note include:
- App Stores – Maintaining Order in the Online Storefront Space Marco Argenti of Nokia will be discussing the current state of mobile app stores and the trends for preserving the user experience and integrity of the mobile content space. Date: October 7, 2009. Time: 1 p.m. – 2:15 p.m. in Room 29A
- Hosting Solutions in the Cloud Roland Shaw of Ericsson will address the viability, installation, maintenance and management issues of hosted solutions via the cloud, as well as, the benefits and drawbacks of hosted solutions. Date: October 7, 2009. Time: 1 p.m. – 2:30 p.m. in Room 29C
- Remote Monitoring & Diagnostics via Wireless Dr. Henry Tirri of Nokia will be participating in a panel discussion exploring wireless as a tool for remote monitoring of patients for increased accuracy in physician’s diagnosis. Date: October 7, 2009. Time: 2 p.m. – 3 p.m. in Room 29B
- Transportation – Public and Corporate Fleets Quinn Jacobson of Nokia will participate in a panel discussing strategies and case studies surrounding wireless improvements in efficiencies in fleet managers, logistical routing, or commuter utilization of mobile enabled real time information. Date: October 7, 2009. Time: 3:30 p.m. – 5 p.m. in Room 29C
- Education – Wireless in the Class Room Peggy Casey of Nokia will participate in a panel discussion on the value and benefit of wireless as a tool to enhance relationships between the educators and educated. Date: October 8, 2009. Time: 1 p.m. – 2:15 p.m. in Room 28E
- Smartphone – The Impact of a Fully Functional Device Justin Denison of Samsung Telecommunications America, Alex Katouzian of Qualcomm, Inc., Ian Laing of Nokia, Seshu Madhavapeddy of Texas Instruments and Christy Wyatt of Motorola will provide insight into the key drivers, barriers and trends influencing the smartphone market and driving mobile data consumption, as well as, what handset vendors, OS vendors and mobile operators can do to increase smartphone adoption. Date: October 8, 2009. Time: 1 p.m. – 2:15 p.m. in Room 29C
- Internet – Reaching Critical Mass with Next Generation Consumer Electronics Gavin Kim of Samsung Telecommunications America, Peter Koo of Ericsson and Keith Kressin of Qualcomm will discuss the future of the Internet and its growth with the mobile consumer. Date: October 8, 2009. Time: 2:30 p.m. – 3:45 p.m. in Room 29C
- Retail Therapy – Consumer Use of In-Store Wireless Mark Self of Motorola will participate in a panel addressing how brands, retailers and advertisers can leverage the mobile channel to share information with end-users. Date: October 8, 2009. Time: 4 p.m. – 5:15 p.m. in Room 29C
- Mobile Music – A Familiar Tune Tom Erskine of Nokia and Mark Nagel of AT&T will discuss the key ingredients impacting growth of mobile music consumption, including operator-centric issues, handset impact, and off portal service provider strategies. Date: October 8, 2009. Time: 4 p.m. – 5:15 p.m. in Room 29D
- Money – Making Business Happen Scott Nichols of Ericsson will participate in a panel discussing the technology and business trends in delivering and enabling mobile transactions. Date: October 8, 2009 Time: 4 p.m. – 5:15 p.m. in Room 29A
- Smart Energy – Telecom Takes Utilities Green Bob Friday of Cisco and David Borth of Motorola will address what strides need to be made in order for utility companies to go green via remote monitoring and smart grids. Date: October 8, 2009. Time: 2:30 p.m. – 3:45 p.m. in Room 28E
In addition to the various panel discussions, DLNA members will also be showcasing their latest DLNA Certified® products on the exhibition floor. Alliance member companies can be found at the following booth locations:
- Aplix Corporation of America – Booth #121
- Ericsson, Inc. – Booth #625
- Microsoft Corp. – Booth # 725
- Motorola – Booths # 601 and MR-110
- Nokia Inc. – Booth #425
- QUALCOMM, Inc. – Booth # 415
- Samsung Telecommunications America – Booth #635
For more information about DLNA, please visit: www.DLNA.org .
Members of Digital Living Network Alliance (DLNA) share a vision of an interoperable network of personal computers (PC), consumer electronics (CE), mobile devices and service providers in and beyond the home, enabling a seamless environment for sharing and growing new digital media and content services. Founded in 2003, the group established and maintains a platform of interoperability based on open and established industry standards that, when used by manufacturers will support the sharing of media through wired or wireless networks. More than 200 multi-industry companies from around the world have joined DLNA, committing the time and resources necessary to achieve their vision. DLNA's 2009 Promoter Members include: ACCESS, Awox, Broadcom, Cisco, Comcast, DIRECTV, Ericsson, HP, Huawei, Intel, JVC Kenwood Holdings, LG, Microsoft, Motorola, Nokia, NXP, Panasonic, Philips, Pioneer, Rovi Corporation, Samsung, Sharp, Sony and Toshiba. Additional information about the Alliance, its participating companies and membership benefits is available at www.dlna.org.