BEAVERTON, Ore. -- (December 15, 2009)
WHO: Digital Living Network Alliance (DLNA) member companies will be taking center stage at International CES 2010, participating in five panels during the conference. Board Members Scott Smyers, Stephen Palm and Adam Powers are each slated to speak on a variety of topics ranging from the emergence of video anywhere, anytime, to the benefits of the complete digital home experience.
WHEN: International CES 2010 will be held January 7 – 11, 2010. For more information on the conference, please visit: http://www.cesweb.org/.
WHERE: Las Vegas Convention Center at 3150 Paradise Road in Las Vegas, NV.
WHAT: DLNA speaking engagements will provide attendees with an opportunity to learn more about the Alliance and its member company’s contributions to the evolution of the digital home. Panels of note include:
- The Connected TV – Displays and Beyond Date: Thursday, January 7, 2010 Time: 9:45 – 10:45 a.m. Scott Smyers of Sony will participate in a panel discussion at the Connections Conference focusing on the role the connected TV will have in content, communications, controls, and commerce.
- Video Anytime Anywhere: Video Across Platforms - Television, Internet and Mobile – Understanding the Value Proposition Date: Thursday, January 7, 2010. Time: Noon – 1 p.m. Adam Powers of Rovi Corporation will be discussing the emergence of video anytime, anywhere, what the future of video holds and how DLNA will continue to enhance consumers’ experiences in their daily lives at Digital Hollywood.
- The Flat Panel-Television Platform: HD, Downloads, Interactivity, Widgets – New Relationships, New Technology Date: Thursday, January 7, 2010 Time: 3 – 4 p.m. Scott Smyers will discuss the combination of the television, set-top, broadband connection and digital video recorder and how DLNA technology is breaking down the barriers of the television viewing experience at Digital Hollywood.
- The NexGen Entertainment Home Experience - From the Smart & Connected TV to the PVR, Set-Top & PC Experience Date: Friday, January 8, 2010. Time: 10:30 – 11:30 a.m. At Digital Hollywood, Stephen Palm of Broadcom will address the digital home experience and how DLNA will help to bring consumers a new generation of TV sets, HD and games devices, wirelessly connected homes with connected PCs as well as a host of set-top box and DVR options.
- Wireless Entertainment: Untethering the TV Date: Friday, January 8, 2010 Time: 1:30 – 2:30 p.m. Scott Smyers will be participating in a panel discussion at CES exploring the future possibilities of wireless television.
In addition to these panel discussions, DLNA will also be demonstrating the latest DLNA Certified® products at the conference. DLNA can be found at the Central Plaza, booth CP4. For more information about DLNA, please visit: www.DLNA.org .
Members of Digital Living Network Alliance (DLNA) share a vision of an interoperable network of personal computers (PC), consumer electronics (CE), mobile devices and service providers in and beyond the home, enabling a seamless environment for sharing and growing new digital media and content services. Founded in 2003, the group established and maintains a platform of interoperability based on open and established industry standards that, when used by manufacturers will support the sharing of media through wired or wireless networks. More than 200 multi-industry companies from around the world have joined DLNA, committing the time and resources necessary to achieve their vision. DLNA's 2009 Promoter Members include: ACCESS, AwoX, Broadcom, Cisco, Comcast, DIRECTV, Ericsson, HP, Huawei, Intel, JVC Kenwood Holdings, LG, Microsoft, Motorola, Nokia, NXP, Panasonic, Philips, Pioneer, Rovi Corporation, Samsung, Sharp, Sony and Toshiba. Additional information about the Alliance, its participating companies and membership benefits is available at www.dlna.org.