The DLNA (Digital Living Network Alliance) invites qualified professionals to participate in an open industry web conference about the interaction between media-sharing and smart home services. The web conference is scheduled for September 21, 2016 at 07:00-8:30 PDT (16:00-17:30 central European time zone; September 22 at 23:00 Tokyo time zone)
Smart home services and media-sharing are primarily separate systems in the home that may be linked through shared physical networks, home gateways, and/or cloud infrastructure. Increasing overlap is likely. DLNA is interested to determine any required enhancements of the DLNA guidelines to support smart home requirements. The web conference on September 21 will discuss:
- Services that involve both smart home and media-sharing
- Technical approaches to integrating smart home and media services
- Shared user interface for smart home and media services
- Evolution of technical standards and certifications to support these interactions
The following are service examples involving both smart home and media-sharing:
- A home automation system, connected home gym equipment, or home security service, uses a smart TV as user interface and control
- A connected doorbell or video camera stores media to a personal media server
- An entertainment system interacts with home automation equipment to control the room ambiance when a movie is played
A variety of approaches are possible
- Bridge or translation approaches between media-sharing and smart home
- Integration of media-sharing within smart home ecosystems
- Application level approaches
- And more
Invitation to Industry Alliances and Companies
DLNA encourages the participation of industry alliances, service providers, and equipment and software manufacturers interested to discuss these topics. No NDA is required to participate.
If you are interested in presenting your organization’s approach, please contact DLNA at firstname.lastname@example.org by August 26 to secure a speaking timeslot. Presentations will be requested by September 14, and will be distributed after the call to participants.
To register as a call participant please register at https://attendee.gotowebinar.com/register/2967526184613699075 by September 14.