DLNA Members AwoX, Broadcom, CableLabs, Comcast, JetHead and Samsung Each Have VidiPath Demonstrations, Including First Production Service Delivery to TV, Other Devices
PORTLAND, Ore., - April 29, 2015
Members of the Digital Living Network Alliance (DLNA) will be at The Internet & Television Expo (INTX) 2015 showing the latest developments for VidiPath products and services that will enable consumers to seamlessly view subscription TV content by the automatic discovery and execution of service provider applications by VidiPath browsers on multiple interoperable TVs, smartphones, PCs and tablets throughout the connected home. VidiPath is the first certification program for HTML5. It is also the first certification program for a collection of technologies requested by service providers for content protection, authentication, remote diagnostics, network power save, and adaptive delivery -- all based on the following industry standards: DTCP-IP, X509, UPnP, IEEE 1905.1, DASH and HTML5.
The companies are preparing for VidiPath product certifications and service deployment during 2015 and will feature the following demonstrations, including the first to showcase live content delivery over a service provider’s network to a smart TV and other interoperable devices:
- Comcast Cable with Broadcom and Samsung: Comcast will demonstrate an Xfinity VidiPath Service for the X1 Platform from Xfinity XG1 set-top boxes. The service, running on Comcast production plant, will demonstrate an Xfinity VidiPath HTML5 application running on a Samsung Smart TV and on a Broadcom Client device. Location: Tek Stadium, Booth 100.
- CableLabs: CableLabs will demonstrate its VidiPath Server Reference Device, which is part of the DLNA VidiPath Client Certification Test Bed and available for purchase. The server will be demonstrated, along with an AwoX VidiPath client. Location: Tek Stadium, Booth 100.
- AwoX: AwoX will demonstrate its MULTIStriim Player software development kits at work inside:
- A mobile device (Nexus 9)
- A set-top box running Linux
- Both devices will show interoperability with AwoX VidiPath Testbed Reference Server, based on AwoX’s MULTIStriim Server SDK, (available for purchase as a certified VidiPath reference device), as well as the Cablelabs VidiPath Reference Server and commercial VidiPath services. The MULTIStriim Server SDK is the perfect solution for cable, satellite or terrestrial gateways, while the MULTIStriim Player SDK enables manufacturers of TVs, set-top boxes, smartphones and tablets to implement VidiPath Guidelines while also complying with RVU 2.0 specification. Location: Tek Stadium, Booth 100.
- JetHead Development: JetHead will demonstrate the JetHead VidiPath HTML5 RUI client software running on LG’s smart TV with the WebOS platform. The JetHead VidiPath client is a turnkey solution built to comply with the DLNA VidiPath specifications, and is built to be portable to many different operating systems and SOC solutions. It securely renders all audio, video and HTML5 graphics coming from any VidiPath-compliant server.
At INTX, JetHead will highlight the performance of the LG WebOS Smart TV connecting directly to U.S. Cable operator VidiPath servers. Location: Tek Stadium, Booth 100
DLNA presentation in the INTX Imagine Park venue: DLNA board member Dr. Stephen Palm will participate in a panel session titled “Going Mobile: Apps That Satisfy.” Dr. Palm will speak on the topic of “Delivering Pay TV Content Throughout the Connected Home,” and his presentation will include a demonstration of VidiPath capabilities for watching subscription video within a service provider’s “look and feel,” no matter the screen type. Location: INTX Imagine Park, Booth 150, Thursday, May 7, 8:45 a.m. – 9:30 a.m.
WHERE: McCormick Place West, Chicago
WHEN: May 5-7, 2015
Upcoming VidiPath Webinar conducted by ABI Research: DLNA will host a webinar on the ABI Research report on VidiPath’s role in improving subscription television delivery and supporting new service delivery models while cutting deployment costs and meeting evolving consumer expectations.
WHERE: Online Webinar https://www.abiresearch.com/webinars/dlna/
WHEN: May 13, 2015 at 8:00 am PDT
FOR MORE INFORMATION:
For editors interested in meeting with DLNA executives while they are at INTX 2015, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org to schedule a briefing.
CONTACT: Katie Gengler
Digital Living Network Alliance
The Digital Living Network Alliance (DLNA) is a technology standards organization driven to build industry consensus to advance the interoperability of products in consumers’ connected homes. Founded in 2003 with a current membership of more than 200 companies, this unique multi-industry collaboration continues to implement an innovative set of guidelines utilized by service providers, electronics manufacturers, and software developers to provide consistent performance in a connected home environment. Consumers can share and enjoy personal content on DLNA Certified devices and subscription TV content on VidiPath Certified devices, including mobile devices, PCs, set top boxes, AV receivers, game consoles, TVs and more, regardless of manufacturer. DLNA has also created a robust certification program which tests and verifies the interoperability of products built to its standards, ensuring consumers that devices branded with the DLNA Certified and VidiPath Certified marks will successfully connect and exchange content. Additional information about the Alliance is available at www.dlna.org. Find the Alliance on Facebook at www.facebook.com/dlnacertified or on Twitter @DLNA.
DLNA's leading member companies include ARRIS, AwoX, Broadcom, CableLabs, Comcast, Dolby Laboratories, Intel, LG, Panasonic, Samsung, Sony, Time Warner Cable and Verizon.